Module 1 Date: 12/11/2021 Module 1 Time: 18:00 – 21:00
Module 2 Date: 13/11/2021 Module 2 Time: 09:00 – 17:00
First Aid for Swiss Driver’s Licence – This is the obligatory, fully certified, First Aid course required for the driving licence in Switzerland. It is delivered by native English-speaking trainers.
The course is 10 hours long and is split into different modules. Attendance at all modules is required to receive your certificate. There is practical assessment throughout the course and a short written test at the end.
Participants are welcomed from the age of 14 years. The certification lasts for 6 years.
Course contents include:
- How to evaluate and react at the scene of an accident, including how to keep yourself and others safe.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland, including essential French and German phrases.
- Training in how to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to babies, children and adults with practice using life-sized manikins.
- How to assess an injured person’s level of consciousness and how to use the ‘Recovery Position’.
- How to approach a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
- First Aid for an injured person at the roadside including the management of severe bleeding and burns.
- The symptoms and signs of a heart attack and a stroke and what to do.
- An introduction to using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Real-time skills practice in small groups.
Course certification: First Aid Course for the Swiss Driver’s Licence as recognised by Das Bundesamt für Strassen (ASTRA)/Office fédéral des routes (OFROU). The certificate is valid for 6 years.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Please note that from Monday 13th September 2021, a valid COVID Certificate will be required for all of our public face-to-face training courses. This will be checked by your trainer when you enter the course venue on the training day using the COVID Certificate Check App.
This allows the QR code on your paper certificate or in your COVID Certificate App to be scanned and the electronic signature it contains checked. You must also provide a photo identity document (for example a passport, ID card, driver’s licence, residence permit, student pass or SwissPass) to be checked at the same time.
The COVID Certificate documents that a person has been vaccinated against COVID-19, that they have had the disease and have recovered, or that they have recently tested negative. If you use the COVID Certificate Light version of the App, the trainer will not be able to determine if you have been vaccinated, recovered or tested. Please note that for people who have tested negative, the COVID Certificate is valid for 72 hours from when the sample was taken with a PCR test and for 48 hours from when the sample was taken with a rapid antigen test.
Failure to present a valid COVID Certificate will mean that we must refuse you entry to the training session.
All bookings cancelled by participants 7 days or more before the course start date will receive a full refund. Those bookings cancelled less than 7 days before the course start date cannot usually be refunded. In the case of sickness, or other extenuating circumstances, affecting one of the HealthFirst trainers on the training day, HealthFirst will provide an alternative course trainer wherever possible. In the rare instance when this will not be possible, we reserve the right to postpone the training date. In this situation, all course bookings can either be transferred to the future course, or will be refunded upon request.
see all our courses here