Saving Lives – CPR and Emergency First Aid – 30 May – Geneva
Saving Lives – CPR and Emergency First Aid
This practical 4 hour course teaches participants skills that could save a baby, child or adult’s life. Using realistic manikins and scenarios, as well as Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), participants get a demonstration of how a defibrillator works, learn how to recognise the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and stroke, practice the first aid for choking and drowning plus much more.
Topics covered include:
- Medical emergencies: a protocol to follow.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say.
- How to assess a person’s level of consciousness.
- Putting an unconscious person into a safe position (the ‘Recovery Position’).
- How to give CPR to babies, children and adults with practice on realistic manikins.
- An introduction to using an Automated External Defibrillator as part of Basic Life Support.
- What to do in the case of drowning.
- Warning signs of heart attack and stroke and how to react.
- The First Aid for a choking baby, child or adult.
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Saving Lives – CPR and Emergency First Aid (valid for 2 years)
All bookings cancelled by participants 7 days or more before the course start date will receive a full refund. Those bookings cancelled less than 7 days before the course start date cannot usually be refunded.
In the case of sickness, or other extenuating circumstances, affecting one of the HealthFirst trainers on the training day, HealthFirst will provide an alternative course trainer wherever possible. In the rare instance when this will not be possible, we reserve the right to postpone the training date. In this situation, all course bookings can either be transferred to the future course, or will be refunded upon request.