Essential Courses for Parents, Nannies and Au Pairs
HealthFirst First Aid Training
Would you prefer a private course for yourself and a groups of friends or colleagues?
All you need to do is choose which course you would like to undertake and gather together your group of like-minded interested participants.
Should you wish a face-to-face course, you will need to provide a suitable venue – a large sitting room or playroom works well - and contact us to fix a training date that works for everyone. Alternatively, these courses can be delivered online with all necessary practice material, including manikins, delivered to you beforehand.
Saving Young Lives – CPR for Babies and Children
Gain vital knowledge about what to do in an emergency involving a baby or child and empower yourself with life-saving skills that could make all the difference.
This four hour workshop is ideal for parents and carers of children. It includes:
- A step-by-step approach to medical emergencies with a protocol to follow.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say.
- How to assess a baby or child’s level of consciousness.
- Putting an unconscious baby or child into a safe position (the ‘Recovery Position’).
- Seizures and febrile convulsions.
- How to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to babies and children, including practice on an inflatable manikin.
- Drowning and near-drowning: do’s and don’ts and First Aid.
- First Aid for a choking baby or child.
Your course trainer will be demonstrating how to give baby CPR using a non-inflatable Laerdal baby manikin during the session.
HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in CPR & Emergency First Aid for Babies & Children (valid for 2 years)
First Aid for Child Injuries
This course is packed with practical advice, hands-on training, lively discussions and lots of information. Along with other topics, you can expect to:
- Learn how to deal with burns, scalds and electrocution.
- Understand the importance of head injuries in children and what to do.
- Practice how to deal with major bleeding and more minor cuts, grazes and nosebleeds.
- Practice the First Aid for broken bones and sprains.
- Learn about accidental poisoning and what number to call for expert advice.
- Discuss what you should have in your First Aid Kit and how to use it.
Course duration: 3 1/2 hours
HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in First Aid for Child Injuries (valid for 2 years)
Caring for Babies: The First Year
This 3 ½ hour hands-on training gives nannies and other child-carers advice and guidance about caring for babies under the age of one. Amongst other topics, the workshop covers:
- Safety for a baby indoors and out.
- Using baby equipment: high chairs, car seats, slings and other baby wearing techniques.
- Why babies cry and how to respond.
- Changing a baby’s nappy: differences for girls and boys.
- How to bath and dress a baby.
- A new-born baby’s sleep needs.
- Reducing the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (cot/crib death).
- Clues that a baby needs feeding.
- How baby’s nutritional needs change during the first year.
- Bottle sterilisation and safety.
- New baby problems – colic, regurge and fever. When to get advice for a baby you are looking after.
Successful participants will receive a HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Caring for Babies: The First Year
What our clients say:
"Our Association aims to have all our nanny members First Aid and CPR trained, to achieve this we have worked with HealthFirst since 2016. The individual feedback on the courses is always positive and we look forward to organising more in the future."
Our team is ready to respond
HealthFirst Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields