Caring for Babies: The First Year
This 3 ½ hour hands-on training gives nannies and other child-carers advice and guidance about caring for babies under the age of 1. Amongst other topics, the workshop covers:
- Safety for a baby indoors and out.
- Using baby equipment: high chairs, car seats, slings and other baby wearing techniques.
- Why babies cry and how to respond.
- Changing a baby’s nappy: differences for girls and boys.
- How to bath and dress a baby.
- A new-born baby’s sleep needs.
- Reducing the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (cot/crib death).
- Clues that a baby needs feeding.
- How baby’s nutritional needs change during the first year.
- Bottle sterilisation and safety.
- New baby problems – colic, regurge and fever. When to get advice for a baby you are looking after.
Successful participants will receive a HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Caring for Babies: The First Year
What our clients say:
"Their instructional staff are professional and approachable, forming excellent relationships with the students.
Over the last year Covid has resulted in changes to lists and attendances, Health First have always accommodated these changes without fuss."
Make an enquiry
HealthFirst Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields
More First Aid Courses