The latest World Health Organisation statistics reveal:
- 1 billion people worldwide are living with a mental health disorder.
- 3 million people die every year from the harmful use of alcohol.
- 1 person dies every 40 seconds by suicide.
- And now, billions of people all over the world are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, which is having a further impact on people’s mental health.
Never before have conversations about mental health and proactively looking after our mental health been so important.
Mental health in the workplace
Mental illness is common. In the workplace, it leads to sickness absence and also presenteeism.
Our Mental Health Awareness Seminars and ensa Mental HealthFirst Aid courses can help to break down the stigma around mental health and encourage participants to start conversations about mental health.
Investing in the mental wellbeing of your workforce can:
- Help your organisation cut costs related to mental ill health.
- Equip your managers with tools to assist with employee wellbeing.
- Promote a mentally healthy organisation showing your employees that you care about their wellbeing.
- Have knock-on effects on motivation, commitment, performance, and productivity within your organisation.
Mental health awareness for all
Our ensa Mental Health First Aid courses don’t need to be undertaken as part of a workplace initiative. Anyone who wants to learn about how they can help a friend, family member, colleague or other person in need with a mental health problem is welcome to our public online and face-to-face training. No previous training or qualifications are needed.
Find out more: ensa Mental Health First Aid courses