Saving Young Lives – CPR for Babies and Children
Gain vital knowledge about what to do in an emergency involving a baby or child and empower yourself with life-saving skills that could make all the difference.
This 4 hour online workshop is ideal for parents and carers of children. It includes:
- A step-by-step approach to medical emergencies with a protocol to follow.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say.
- How to assess a baby or child’s level of consciousness.
- Putting an unconscious baby or child into a safe position (the ‘Recovery Position’).
- Seizures and febrile convulsions.
- How to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to babies and children.
- Drowning and near-drowning: do’s and don’ts and First Aid.
- First Aid for a choking baby or child.
To enable participants to practice the CPR techniques they will be taught, before the training, they will be posted their own inflatable CPR manikin to their chosen address. This manikin will then be theirs to keep. Please note that we are not able to provide an inflatable baby manikin for practice as these are not commercially available. However, your course trainer will be demonstrating how to give baby CPR using a non-inflatable Laerdal baby manikin during the session.
The training will be delivered via Zoom and we ask for video to be enabled to allow maximum interaction and for the course trainer to assess practical exercises. There will be plenty of opportunity for questions throughout the session.
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in CPR & Emergency First Aid for Babies & Children (valid for 2 years)
Disclaimer: Click here to read our full disclaimer.