Saving Lives: CPR and Emergency First Aid
We are now delivering face-to-face courses once more with strict hygiene and safety protocols in place. However, our online training will also continue. Please check carefully when booking to ensure that you have the location/course delivery type intended.
Topics covered during this training include:
- A step-by-step approach to medical emergencies with a protocol to follow.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say.
- How to assess a person’s level of consciousness.
- Putting an unconscious baby, child or adult into a safe position (the ‘Recovery Position’).
- How to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to babies, children and adults.
- An introduction to using an Automated External Defibrillator.
- What to do in the case of drowning.
- Signs and symptoms of a heart attack or a stroke and what to do.
- First Aid for a choking baby, child or adult.
How the ONLINE training works:
To enable you to practice the CPR techniques taught, before the training, you will receive your own inflatable CPR manikin, posted to your chosen address. This manikin has not been used by anyone else and is yours to keep.
You will also receive a paper copy of our abbreviated course booklet with the main emergency protocols, medical phrases and emergency numbers.
The training is delivered via Zoom and we ask for video to be enabled to allow maximum interaction and for the course trainer to assess practical exercises. There is plenty of opportunity for questions throughout the session.
If 2 participants in the same household who would usually have close physical/intimate contact are able to share a manikin, then only 1 registration is needed. We cannot accept such a registration for more than 2 people.
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Saving Lives – CPR and Emergency First Aid (valid for 2 years)
This will be taught in-person at our regular venues throughout Switzerland. Please make sure that you are choosing the most appropriate location for you.
We would like to reassure you that we have established additional safety procedures that will be followed during our face-to-face courses in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. These procedures are aligned with guidance from the Federal Office of Public Health, the Swiss Resuscitation Council, as well as the Office Federal des Routes and their First Aid course certification body, SGS. As from Monday 13th September 2021, a valid COVID Certificate will be required for all of our public face-to-face training courses.
Disclaimer: Click here to read our full disclaimer.