Saving Lives – CPR and Emergency First Aid
This practical 4 hour course teaches participants skills that could save a baby, child or adult’s life. Using realistic manikins and scenarios, as well as Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), participants get a demonstration of how a defibrillator works, learn how to recognise the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and stroke, practice the first aid for choking and drowning plus much more.
Topics covered include:
- Medical emergencies: a protocol to follow.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say.
- How to assess a person’s level of consciousness.
- Putting an unconscious person into a safe position (the ‘Recovery Position’).
- How to give CPR to babies, children and adults with practice on realistic manikins.
- An introduction to using an Automated External Defibrillator as part of Basic Life Support.
- What to do in the case of drowning.
- Warning signs of heart attack and stroke and how to react.
- The First Aid for a choking baby, child or adult.
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Saving Lives – CPR and Emergency First Aid (valid for 2 years)
Disclaimer: Click here to read our full disclaimer.