A course created for the Swiss Nanny Association and delivered by HealthFirst. To book your place, please click here
Caring for Babies: The First Year
This hands-on training gives nannies and other child-carers advice and guidance about caring for babies under the age of 1.
Amongst other topics, the workshop covers:
- Safety for a baby indoors and out.
- Using baby equipment: high chairs, car seats, slings and other baby wearing techniques.
- Why babies cry and how to respond.
- Changing a baby’s nappy: differences for girls and boys.
- How to bath and dress a baby.
- A new-born baby’s sleep needs.
- Reducing the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (cot/crib death).
- Ques that a baby needs feeding.
- How baby’s nutritional needs change during the first year.
- Bottle sterilisation and safety.
- New baby problems – colic, regurge and fever. When to get advice for a baby you are looking after.
Course duration: 3½ hours
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Caring for Babies: The First Year