2 day Level 1 First Aid training
This 2 day training is similar to the previous “RESQ Level 1” workplace First Aid training. It includes the Swiss Resuscitation Council certification in Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation (BLS-AED-SRC Generic Provider) and training in Basic First Aid Skills.
Day 1 – Swiss Resuscitation Council BLS AED (BLS-AED-SRC Generic Provider)
Topics covered include:
- Legal obligations around First Aid provision in Switzerland.
- How to evaluate and react during a medical emergency situation.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say.
- How to assess a person’s level of consciousness.
- Putting an unconscious person into a safe position (the ‘Recovery Position’).
- How to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to babies, children and adults.
- How to use an Automated External Defibrillator.
- What to do in the case of drowning.
- How to manage someone having a seizure.
- Important risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Signs and symptoms of a heart attack or a stroke and what to do.
- What to do for choking child or adult.
Day 2 – Basic First Aid Skills
Topics covered include the First Aid treatment of:
- Head injuries and suspected spinal injuries.
- Major blood loss and shock.
- Strains, sprains and broken bones.
- Cuts, grazes and nosebleeds.
- Accidental poisoning.
- Asthma attacks.
- Plus, what to have in your First Aid Kit and how to use it.
Participants will then use their newly acquired skills during realistic group scenarios. Their knowledge gained will also be examined during a written test.
- Swiss Resuscitation Council certificate BLS-AED-SRC Generic Provider (valid for 2 years)
- HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Basic First Aid Skills (valid for 2 years)