Health Education Seminars
Dr Michelle Wright, an experienced medical journalist and radio broadcaster, shares her passion for health education and disease prevention via a series of engaging and informative seminars. Popular seminars include:
“Your heart; Your Life: Tips for heart disease prevention”
A 90 minute interactive seminar about cardiovascular disease and how to prevent it. This seminar will enable participants to:
- Learn about the risk factors for cardiovascular disease (the world’s biggest killer);
- Receive practical tips on how to reduce personal risk factors;
- Understand the typical symptoms of a heart attack and stroke;
- Know what to do if a heart attack or stroke is suspected.
- Have an introduction to Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Adults.
“International Arrivals: Your Health in Switzerland”
A 90 minute interactive seminar addressing pertinent topics such as:
- When and how to call the Emergency Services in Switzerland.
- Which potentially life-saving phone apps to download now!
- Important English-French/English-German medical phrases.
- An introduction to the local health-care system and how Swiss health insurance works.
- Accessing hospitals and clinics and finding a doctor in your local area.
- Anglophone health-related resources and support groups.
- Swiss-specific health issues including ticks, duck fleas and marching caterpillars.
Other seminar options
Dr Michelle and her team of experts offer a wide portfolio of seminars including Women’s Health, Resilience Building, Mindfulness and Sleep for Maximum Performance. All seminars are tailored to the audience concerned.Contact us to arrange a Health Education Seminar