Health Education Seminars
Dr Michelle Wright, an experienced medical journalist and radio broadcaster, shares her passion for health education and disease prevention via a series of engaging and informative seminars.
Midwife Polly Pupulin also brings her knowledge and expertise to her ‘Ask the Midwife’ seminar series.
Popular seminars include:
“Matters of the Heart – Tips for heart disease prevention”
- Learn about the risk factors for cardiovascular disease (the world’s biggest killer).
- Receive practical tips on how to reduce personal risk factors.
- Understand the typical symptoms of a heart attack and stroke.
- Know what to do if a heart attack or stroke is suspected.
- Have an introduction to Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Adults.
“International Arrivals: Your Health in Switzerland”
- When and how to call the Emergency Services in Switzerland.
- Which potentially life-saving phone apps to download now!
- Important English-French/English-German medical phrases.
- An introduction to the local health-care system and how Swiss health insurance works.
- Accessing hospitals and clinics and finding a doctor in your local area.
- Anglophone health-related resources and support groups.
- Swiss-specific health issues including ticks, duck fleas and marching caterpillars.
- The difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Facts, figures and risk factors.
- How do I know if I have it?
- Can pre-diabetes be reversed?
- Preventing diabetes – an action plan
“Thinking pink and blue – breast and prostate cancer awareness and prevention”
- The latest statistics.
- Risk factors for breast and prostate cancer.
- How can I reduce my personal risk?
- Should I have a screening test?
“Smoking – Dr Michelle’s guide to why and how to quit”
- A timeline of health benefits if you succeed.
- Nicotine replacement – what type and how effective?
- Other medication to help you quit.
- Is it safe to vape?
- Geneva-based resources for smoking cessation.
- On-line tools and Apps.
“Ask the Midwife: Caring for your baby – the first 6 months”
- A day in your life with your new baby.
- Prevention of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (cot/crib death).
- Returning to work after having a baby – achieving a smooth transition.
- Baby blues and postnatal depression – warning signs to look out for and where to seek help.
- Why do babies cry?
- New-born baby problems.
“Ask the Midwife: Caring for your baby – 6 months and onwards”
- Weaning onto solid foods.
- Fevers in babies.
- Febrile convulsions and what to do if a child has a seizure.
- Meningitis and septicaemia.
- Some other important childhood rashes.
- The Swiss immunisation schedule.
- Croup and bronchiolitis.
Other seminar options
Upon request, Dr Michelle and her team of experts can offer a wide portfolio of other seminars including Women’s Health, Resilience Building, Mindfulness and Sleep for Maximum Performance. All seminars are tailored to the audience concerned.Contact us to arrange a Health Education Seminar