First Aid Courses for Students
HealthFirst offers two courses for students:
TO THE RESCUE: FIRST AID SKILLS FOR TEENAGERS
Aimed at 13 to 18 year olds to give them knowledge and skills for life, babysitting, sports and university. This course can form part of a CAS or Citizenship Programme. It includes:
- Multimedia based learning targeted at young people.
- Interactive small group work covering basic First Aid principles.
- Training in how to give CPR to Babies, Children and Adults.
- Alcohol and drugs as causes of unconsciousness.
- When to get help from an adult or call an ambulance.
- And much more….
Time: 7 hours; can be split into 2 or 3 shorter modules.
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in CPR and First Aid Skills for Teenagers (valid for 2 years)
FIRST AID COURSE FOR THE SWISS DRIVER’S LICENCE
The obligatory approved course in Switzerland that can be taken from the age of 14. The course covers:
- How to evaluate and react at the scene of an accident, including how to keep yourself and others safe.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland, including essential French and German phrases.
- Training in how to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to babies, children and adults with practice using life-sized manikins.
- How to assess an injured person’s level of consciousness and how to use the ‘Recovery Position’.
- How to approach a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
- First Aid for an injured person at the roadside including the management of severe bleeding and burns.
- The symptoms and signs of a heart attack and a stroke and what to do.
- An introduction to using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Real-time skills practice in small groups.
Time: 10 hours (can be split into 2, 3 or 4 shorter modules)
Course certification: First Aid Course for the Swiss Driver’s Licence as recognised by Das Bundesamt für Strassen (ASTRA)/Office fédéral des routes OFROU (valid for 6 years)Contact us for more information