First Aid Courses for Staff
Why train your staff members in First Aid?
- Accidents are the number one cause of illness and death in children aged 1-18.
- Over 340,000 children are injured in accidents every year in Switzerland.
- Most children spend up to 60% of their weekday waking hours at school so a significant proportion of these accidents happen at school.
- Good, prompt First Aid delivered by a calm, trained person can significantly reduce the impact of any injury.
Our First Aid for Schools training is aimed at all members of staff who have contact with students. Each participant will learn how to manage important First Aid situations that may arise during the school day.
The following course options are available:
A – CARDIO-PULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR)
Topics covered include:
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say.
- How to assess a person’s level of consciousness.
- Putting an unconscious person into a safe position (the ‘Recovery Position’).
- How to give CPR to babies, children and adults.
- What to do in the case of drowning.
- Signs and symptoms of a heart attack or a stroke and what to do.
- What to do for choking child or adult.
Time: 4 hours
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in CPR (valid for 2 years)
B – BASIC FIRST AID FOR SCHOOLS
Topics covered include the First Aid for:
- Head injuries and suspected spinal injuries.
- Major blood loss and shock.
- Strains, sprains and broken bones.
- Cuts, grazes and nosebleeds.
- Accidental poisoning.
- Asthma attacks and allergic reactions, including how to use an Epipen.
- Plus, what to have in your School First Aid Kit and how to manage the use of medication in schools.
Time: 4 hours
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Basic First Aid for Schools (valid for 2 years)
C – COMPLETE FIRST AID TRAINING FOR SCHOOLS
Combines the following two courses:
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Basic First Aid for Schools
Time: 8 hours
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in CPR & Basic First Aid for Schools (valid for 2 years).
D – USING AN AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR (AED)
Additional training for those who have completed courses A or C:
- Learn what an AED is and its action on the heart.
- Understand how AEDs save lives in the community.
- Know where to find an AED and who can use one.
- Practice using an AED safely during realistic scenarios.
Time: 3 hours
Course certification: Swiss Resuscitation Council certificate BLS-AED-SRC Generic Provider (valid for 2 years)Contact us for more information