HealthFirst First Aid
Saving Lives: CPR and Emergency First Aid
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adapted this training course and moved it online.
Topics covered include:
- A step-by-step approach to medical emergencies with a protocol to follow.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say.
- How to assess a person’s level of consciousness.
- Putting an unconscious baby, child or adult into a safe position (the ‘Recovery Position’).
- How to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to babies, children and adults.
- An introduction to using an Automated External Defibrillator.
- What to do in the case of drowning.
- Signs and symptoms of a heart attack or a stroke and what to do.
- First Aid for a choking baby, child or adult.
How the training will work:
To enable each participant to practice the CPR techniques they will be taught, before the training, they will be posted their own inflatable CPR manikin to their chosen address. This manikin will then be theirs to keep.
Participants will also receive a paper copy of our abbreviated course booklet with the main emergency protocols, medical phrases and emergency numbers.
The training will be delivered via Zoom and we ask for video to be enabled to allow maximum interaction and for the course trainer to assess practical exercises. There will be plenty of opportunity for questions throughout the session. We will also use other interaction, including polls.
If 2 participants in the same household who would usually have close physical/intimate contact are able to share a manikin, then only 1 registration is needed. We cannot accept such a registration for more than 2 people.
HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in CPR (valid for 2 years)
Upcoming Public Courses
Please book via the course links below.
What our clients say:
"HealthFirst provides relevant and practical first aid training in a personable manner, and with the added bonus of a great sense of humour, to keep the participants motivated and engaged. We can wholeheartedly recommend them and would gladly use them again. "
Enquire about this course
HealthFirst Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields