Health Education Seminars
Our Health Education Seminars
Developed by our team of doctors, our range of interactive health education seminars provide evidence-based, up-to-date health information and advice.
They equip participants with the knowledge to consider their own health needs. Depending on the seminar, they also provide practical tools to guide lifestyle change, or enable participants to proactively care for their own health, or that of those around them.
Seminars may be delivered face-to-face or online and can be great 'lunch and learn' opportunities for your workforce or team.
Matters of the Heart
Cardiovascular disease and its prevention
Cardiovascular disease, including heart attack and stroke, is the world's biggest killer. So it is important to understand the causes and how it may be prevented. During this 60-minute seminar, we cover:
- How cardiovascular diseases happen.
- Practical tips on how to reduce personal risk factors.
- The typical symptoms of a heart attack and stroke.
- What to do if a heart attack or stroke is suspected.
- Hands-only Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Your health in Switzerland
This interactive 90-minute session is aimed at your new employees who have just landed in Switzerland. Topics covered include:
- Which potentially life-saving smartphone Apps to download.
- Important English-French and English-German medical phrases.
- An introduction to the Swiss health-care system.
- How Swiss health insurance works.
- Anglophone health-related resources and support groups.
- Some Swiss-specific health issues including ticks, duck fleas and marching caterpillars.
Understanding diabetes and its prevention
5.4% of the global population will have diabetes by 2025. During this 60-minute information session, we discuss:
- The difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Diabetes facts, figures and risk factors.
- How do I know if I have it?
- Preventing diabetes – an action plan for change.
Thinking Pink and Blue
Breast and prostate cancer awareness and prevention
This 60-minute health education seminar could be a great event to mark Movember or Breast Cancer Awareness month. During the session, we cover:
- Risk factors for breast and prostate cancer.
- The latest statistics for these diseases.
- Should I have a screening test?
- How can I reduce my personal risk?
HealthFirst’s guide to how and why to quit
Quitting smoking can be very difficult for an individual to achieve. This 60-minute interactive seminar provides the following information:
- A timeline of health benefits if you succeed.
- Nicotine replacement and medication to help you quit.
- Is it safe to vape?
- Swiss-based and online resources for smoking cessation.
- Top tips for success.
HealthFirst’s guide to the perimenopause and beyond
80% of women will experience menopausal symptoms which can impact their physical and mental health. For many, these will begin in their mid-to-late 40s, a time when most are reaching the peak of their careers. Talking about the challenges of the menopause, particularly in the workplace, is so important.
This 60-minute seminar:
- Helps participants understand menopausal symptoms and how these may affect women at work.
- Discusses HRT risks, benefits and alternatives.
- Considers lifestyle factors to help around the menopause.
Dreaming of a good night's sleep?
How to dream your way to better health
This 75 minute interactive workshop looks at the importance of sleep for well-being. During the workshop we consider:
- Sleep as the bedrock of good health.
- Humans are the only species that actively deprive themselves of sleep.
- The sleep-cycle: the benefits of sleep and how we can build healthy sleeping habits.
- Tiredness kills: the impact of poor sleep on our physical health.
- Building stronger connections: how sleep improves our memory, mental capacity and well-being.
- Our HealthFirst ‘Sleep Well, Live Well’ Checklist.
Contact us about our Health Education Seminars
What our clients say:
"The team at Health First are knowledgeable, efficient, responsive, organised, flexible and pleasant! Health First provided training sessions in English for 20 people at our location and we were all super impressed. Health First is great and I highly recommend them."
Make an enquiry
HealthFirst Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields